- Everyone should get equal pay for equal work.
- All women are affected by pay inequality in America, regardless of income, age, or education. However women of color make less than what a white man in America makes for the same job:
- Black women make only 60 percent of the earnings of white men (Source: Make it Work)
- Hispanic women: 55 percent of the median earnings of white men (Source: Make it Work)
- We support the Paycheck Fairness Act as a key step to promoting equal pay for equal work and stopping wage discrimination.
- It empowers women to negotiate for equal pay, and strengthens federal education and enforcement efforts while incentivizing employers to follow the law.
- We support pay transparency to help achieve equal pay accountability and strengthen enforcement.
- Women, primarily women of color, make up the majority of minimum wage workers. A $15 minimum wage floor is an essential step to pay equality.